Meet Mark Fodrey
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts & Meows?
My wife and I found Magnificent Mutts & Meows after we left another rescue three years ago. We loved fostering dogs and wanted to continue with it. We tried out Mag Mutts and we love it!
2. We hear you are brainchild behind the Run4Paws 5K. What inspired you to organize the run?
The Run4Paws 5K all started when Linda (the founder, pictured) stood up in a meeting and said we needed to think of new fundraisers. I love to run, I love to run with my dog, so it only made sense to make a dog friendly run. There are a ton of 5K’s in the area, but they do not let you run with your dog. I wanted to create an event where people can do just that.
3. What is unique about Run4Paws?
The Run4Paws is a 5K where owners are encouraged to bring their dogs. This is an uncommon thing in the Chicagoland area, but we are also an uncommon 5K.
4. Do you have a favorite moment/story about rescue?
Over the years, I have developed lots of wonderful stories dealing with rescue. My absolute favorite moment continues to happen every fall. I get to see all kinds of dogs and their owners gather together for a great cause. And I love watching the dogs cross the finish line while people are cheering them on, they always look so proud!
5. What do you do for fun outside of rescue?
I love to spend time with my family. Love to dive, camp with the family, and especially ride roller coasters! I also enjoy doing martial arts with my family. A family that kicks together, sticks together!!!
6. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?
I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I do like to watch the awesome show This Is Us.
7. And your favorite food is?
8. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
I love all kinds of music but my favorite artist would have to be Dave Matthews from the Dave Matthews Band.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or vacation memory?
Anywhere that includes diving! My favorite to date would have to be the island of Palau. Beautiful reefs and sea life to experience. But I am always looking for my next favorite spot!.
10. What is your all-time favorite movie?
The Princess Bride. Can’t really explain why, but it is!
11. If you could have lunch with anyone (alive or dead) who would that be, and why?
This answer will always be my beautiful wife.
12. Any final things you’d like to share?
I’d like to thank all of the volunteers who offered their assistance at the Run4Paws 5K this year. I would also like to thank the awesome run committee who helped make it happen