Meet Amanda & Hank Stull
1. What inspired you to start volunteering with Magnificent Mutts & Meows?
Wanting to be part of the animal community again. After almost 9 years as a groomer, Amanda was forced to retire early due to loss of her vision and dearly missed being able to help animals everyday. As for me, I love animals and caring for them. I believe it’s our responsibility to be good stewards towards our planet and all the creatures on it. Part of that responsibility is taking care of those creatures that need our help or cannot take care of themselves.
2. What is your favorite thing about being a volunteer here?
The sense of community you get with volunteering with you guys. Everyone we’ve met is so amazing and incredibly helpful.
3. Why would you recommend someone volunteer in rescue?
It is incredibly fulfilling, getting to help place our dogs in families that are meant for them and giving them a temporary home filled with unconditional love, in the meantime.
4. Describe a memorable moment you had while volunteering.
Some of our best moments are when we are at an event and we see a person or a family make a connection with a foster. Just getting to describe each animal’s different personality and watching them connect to the one that’s right for them, is unforgettable. It is a great feeling to know that they are going home to a family that loves them as much as we do.
5. Are you a cat or dog person?
Our current dog, is deathly afraid of cats, but we are not opposed to a feline friend.
6. Do you have a favorite breed?
We love Pit Bulls. Our dog at home is one and we rescued her when she was only 3 months old.
7. Why would you recommend someone adopt?
We would recommend that someone adopt whatever animal suits their family best. Regardless of species or breed, the most important thing is that they fit well with your family and that you make a genuine connection with them.
8. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
I specialize in data analytics, in the finance and insurance sector. And both of us are avid car buffs.
9. Do you have a favorite food?
10. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
Amanda’s favorite bands are Twenty One pilots and Breaking Benjamin. My musical tastes vary.
11. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
Moab, Utah. It’s an otherworldly place with lots of fun things to do. Whether it is hiking, biking, climbing, or off-roading, there is lots of fun to be had.
12. What was the last movie you watched?
A Charlie Brown Christmas.
13. Feel free to tell us something about yourself you would like others to know.
Amanda is legally blind and I’m deaf in one ear, so don’t take offense if we don’t see or hear something the first time around.