1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts & Meows and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
I started on the Mutts side in early 2016 when I moved to Chicago. Started off doing adoption events as a dog handler and about 9 months ago I started doing Mutts and Meows! Currently I help out with adoption events for both sides, reference checks for Meows, daily cat care at Willowbrook on Tuesdays, and whatever else Linda asks me to do!
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
Love cats and dogs but am definitely the crazy cat lady!
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
A mixed breed is the best breed. 🙂
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
When you adopt a pet you are saving a life… plus adopting supports spaying and neutering which is my mantra. 🙂
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
I work in sales for the largest steel manufacturer in the world. Outside of rescue I am really into fitness. I have been a runner for the last nine years and have done nine marathons! I qualified for the Boston Marathon two years ago so going to make that my last marathon and I will probably cut back on distance running. I also do Orange Theory Fitness five days a week and that’s pretty awesome! I volunteered with St. Jude’s for 5 years on their fundraising team and we put together some pretty awesome and successful events!! Other than that…..uhhhhhhhh, animal rescue is my life! I am a member of HSUS Animal Rescue Team, ASPCA deployment team, and of course Mag Mutts!
6. Do you have a favorite food?
Veggie burgers, peanut butter and ketchup….. Eww but not at the same time.
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
I love country and pop music!! Just went to see Taylor Swift and that was the best night of my life (almost)! My husband likes heavy metal music so he drags me along to those concerts (had my ear plugs on of course)….. I can’t confirm or deny if I had a good time……
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Hmmm anytime someone walks in my house and it’s dirty… that is pretty embarrassing (I am a 100% OCD clean freak/germ-a-phobe).
9. What was the last movie you watched and why?
Frozen!!! Just watched that last night because it’s awesome and I know all the words, Just go with it, and My Cousin Vinny (classic!).
10. Feel free to tell us something about yourself you would like others to know.
I have a twin brother and two older sisters who are twins. Also found my little dog Zeek about 5 years ago while I was running in Indy….he often gets mistaken for a little fox!
11. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
Favorite vacation spot is the Bahamas because the beaches and water are AMAZING!!