Meet Katie Christiansen – foster mom to Becky and her 10 pups!
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts & Meows and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
I am a lover of all things helpless. Children and animals. At 19 years old I took on 3 month old twins because they needed someone to love them. Now they are almost 17 years old and I’ve added 3 step-kids, 2 babies and a husband who is truly helpless without me!
I’ve also always loved animals. I’ve had dogs and cats and birds my whole life. Our family has a sweet as pie kitty named Maggie, and a lumbering giraffe of a german shepherd mix named Malcolm, but I’ve always wanted to foster dogs, and especially puppies, so when this opportunity presented itself I was ecstatic.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
I love all furry friends, but if pressed probably prefer dogs.
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
My favorite breed is BIG.
4. Why would you recommend someone foster a cat or dog?
The experience has been wonderful for our whole family. The kids are all smitten and the companionship for our dog Malcolm has been great.
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
I don’t have hobbies because I don’t have time for them.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
I like food with bold flavors. At the moment I’m really into Indian food, but I love Thai and Mexican and anything that isn’t bland.
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
I don’t have a favorite type of music, I’m not that into music.
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
My most embarrassing moment was… embarrassing and I’m not going to share it.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
My favorite vacation memory was taking my twins to the Dunes.
10. What is your favorite tv show and why?
My favorite TV show is American Housewife because it is about me.