Meet Dana Walden
1. What inspired you to start volunteering with Magnificent Mutts & Meows?
was a need for foster parents posted on Facebook, and after some
discussion with my husband, we saw an opportunity to help.
2. What is your favorite thing about being a volunteer here?
Teaching our kids how to welcome and comfort the new foster and then give them unconditional love and care.
3. Why would you recommend someone volunteer in rescue?
helps the fosters trust people again and helps give them another
chance. You are preparing them to be comfortable in a new, stable life;
plus, you get a puppy fix.
4. Describe a memorable moment you had while volunteering.
Seeing my first adoption event, all the happy puppies reuniting, and the new families meeting their new baby.
5. Are you a cat or dog person?
BOTH! But my husband is allergic to cats.
6. Do you have a favorite breed?
7. Why would you recommend someone adopt?
need to get these animals somewhere that they will be loved and care
for. With more people adopting, and less people looking for breeders, so
many innocent animals wouldn’t have to be euthanized.
8. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
am a wife & mother of 4. I work as a Realtor, enjoy basketball with
kids and am a Girl Scout Troop Leader. On the beautiful days, I jump on
my motorcycle and enjoy some me time.
9. Do you have a favorite food?
10. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
I grew up listening to Pink Floyd and Phil Collins, but love to dance like no one is looking with my club hits.
11. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
We love going to the Dells, the waterpark capital!