Meet Melissa Poling
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
One night while surfing the internet (due to insomnia) I saw that there was a need for more fosters because of Hurricane Harvey. Our dog died several years ago, and our son – who is 13, keeps asking to have a dog again. I thought fostering would be a great opportunity to have a dog in the house while finding them good homes. SO – we started fostering.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
Little lap dogs. Growing up I had a Westie. We had a Pomeranian. Teddy is a poodle “mix”.
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
Because pets make people happy – they each have unique personalities and traits, and become your best friend. (And I think that they lower stress in the home).
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
I am married to Jeff, and we have a son Zechariah who is 13 years old. I am a proud soccer mom! I spend my time volunteering in several capacities. Then, if there is any spare time I like to organize cabinets, take/edit pictures and scrapbook.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
I love hymns.
8. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
Disney World, Disney Cruise… anything Disney!
9. What was the last movie you watched? (or what is your favorite tv show and why?)
We love watching “This is Us”.