❤️ Queen of Hearts Raffle ❤️
6636 W Albion Ave, Niles, IL 60714
TICKETS: $1.00 Each CASH ONLY
- Tickets can be purchased through MM founder Linda Latelle or at Yacko’s Bar
- Unlimited quantity can be purchased
- No group or corporate names allowed
- No labels allowed
Starting July 17th, 1 winning ticket will be drawn at 8pm every Monday until the game ends.
The Queen of Hearts Game uses a progressive jackpot! The game consists of a deck of 52 cards plus 2 jokers. Total of 54 cards. The cards are all sealed in a display case in the bar. Once the QoH is chosen, a new game is started with a new deck of cards.If the second Joker is picked before the Queen of Hearts (“QoH”), the game will rollover, only twice and will start with a new deck of cards. The game continues each week until the QoH is chosen.
- The Jackpot amount for that week is posted in the bar.
- The money collected each week will be added to the following week’s drawing.
- Each week following the drawing, all remaining raffle tickets are destroyed, and new raffle tickets must be purchased to participate in the next week’s drawing.
Please see the chart below for ways to win and the payout schedule.
- If the QoH is picked, that ticket holder wins 50% of the Jackpot if present or 40% if not present.
- If the QoH is drawn and the individual is not present, if any of the contact information is missing (name and phone number) or is not legible, the ticket will be considered void and another ticket will be drawn.
- To redeem your prizes, you must present a government issued ID and complete all applicable federal, state, and local tax forms.
- There are multiple ways to win if your ticket is drawn.
Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
- Agreement to the Official Rules: The sponsor of the Raffle is Magnificent Mutts Rescue. By participating in the Sponsor’s raffle (the “Raffle”), all entrants in the Raffle hereby agree to be bound by these Official Rules, Terms and Conditions (“Official Rules”) and by the decisions of the Sponsor which shall be binding and final as to all matters relating to the Raffle. Eligibility to win the Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and is void where prohibited by such laws. These Official Rules cannot be changed by any oral statement made by any employee, consultant, volunteer, or agent acting on behalf of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules upon ten (10) days notice provided pursuant to an update on the Sponsor’s website or another written medium.
- Net Proceeds: All net proceeds of the Raffle will benefit the Sponsor in fulfillment of saving animals and finding them forever homes.
- Eligibility to Enter: Only individuals who are proven to be twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of purchase of a Raffle ticket are eligible to participate in the Raffle (“Eligible Entrants”).
- How to Enter the Raffle: To enter the Raffle, Eligible Entrants shall purchase Raffle ticket(s) during the period set forth by the Sponsor (“Entry Period”). Each Raffle ticket may only be purchased by one Eligible Entrant and each Raffle ticket purchased by an Eligible Entrant is deemed an “Entry” in the Raffle. Entrant’s legal name must be entered on ticket to be considered an Eligible Entrant. Eligible Entrants may purchase as many Raffle tickets as desired, subject to availability during the Entry Period. Raffle tickets may sell out before the close of the Entry Period. Raffle tickets must be paid for in full at time of purchase. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any sale of Raffle tickets due to improper payment or payment that does not constitute “good funds” in U.S. Dollars. All sales of Raffle tickets are final after any advertised return period, or if there is no advertised return period, then all sales of Raffle tickets are final upon sale. No refunds or replacements of lost or stolen Raffle tickets will be issued by Sponsor, unless expressly provided in these Official Rules. Sponsor shall be the sole judge of the validity and eligibility of any and all Entries. Entries which have been or appear to be tampered with are void. Entries by purchasers of Raffle tickets who have violated these Official Rules in any manner are void.
- Drawing: The Sponsor shall set the maximum number of Raffle tickets forming an Entry to be sold. One Ticket will be selected in a random drawing (“the Drawing”) from all the Tickets sold that week. If the contact information is illegible, a new Ticket will be selected. The number on the Ticket will determine which of the 54 cards on the board is opened. If no number is written on the Ticket pulled, the lowest available number still on the board will be reassigned to the ticket. If the number on the Ticket pulled has previously been revealed, the lowest available number still on the board will be reassigned to that ticket. If the Queen of Hearts is not revealed, the game will roll over to the next week and that card will remain face up and unavailable for future selection. The progressive raffle can last up to 54 weeks. Each week, all other Tickets not selected will be destroyed. Entrants need not be present to win. Winners will be selected at random. In the event the Drawing cannot be conducted at the date, time, or location advertised by the Sponsor for any reason, or if a Prize cannot be awarded for any reason, representatives of Sponsor shall set a new date and location for a subsequent Drawing.
- Prize: The Official Winner(s) (as defined below) shall receive the applicable prize identified: (a) on the Raffle ticket; or (b) on the Sponsor’s website where these Official Rules are posted (“Prize”). In the event of conflict, the applicable Prize identified on the Sponsor’s website shall be the official Prize. The odds of winning any Prize(s) depend on the number of Entries sold.
- Notification of Official Winner: Sponsor will have the sole discretion to determine whether an owner of an Entry selected at the Drawing (the “Potential Winner”) is an Eligible Entrant and otherwise eligible to be the winner of the Prize in accordance with these Official Rules (the “Official Winner”). As a condition of its right to collect a Prize and become an Official Winner, any Potential Winner must deliver to the Sponsor: (a) a signed statement certifying that the Potential Winner is the rightful owner of the winning Entry in accordance with these Official Rules and all applicable laws; (b) such written information as is required by any applicable laws, including tax regulations, such as the Potential Winner’s name, address and social security number; and (c) proof of both identity and age in forms satisfactory to the Sponsor and must present original ticket. Sponsor’s decision concerning the sufficiency of documentation issued to evidence the identity, age and eligibility of the Potential Winner to become an Official Winner shall be final and binding. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted and/or notified after reasonable attempts by the Sponsor, or if the Prize cannot be awarded for any other reason, representatives of the Sponsor shall conduct another Drawing and select another Entry in order to identify a Potential Winner. Any Potential Winner need not be present at the Drawing but alive at that time to be eligible to become an Official Winner and awarded a Prize. Representatives of Sponsor shall endeavor to notify any Potential Winner using the contact information provided by the Potential Winner at the time of purchasing the Raffle ticket(s).
- No Transfer/Resale of Raffle Entries: Raffle tickets are non-transferable. Any attempted transfer in violation of these Official Rules may be voided at the discretion of the Sponsor. The lawful ownership of a Raffle ticket forming an Entry shall be determined by Sponsor based on the information collected in connection with the sale of each Raffle ticket and any other information reasonably requested by Sponsor.
- Taxes: All federal, state, and local income and sales taxes are the sole responsibility of the Official Winner. The taxable value of the Prize will be treated as ordinary income to the Official Winner for federal and state income tax purposes. A purchaser of Raffle ticket(s) (“Purchaser”) may wish to consult a tax advisor in regard to potential tax liabilities that may arise from purchasing Raffle ticket(s) and being deemed an Official Winner. The Official Winner may be required to pre-pay a portion of any tax liability incurred in connection with such Official Winner’s receipt of the Prize before receiving the Prize from the Sponsor.
- Publicity Release: By accepting the Prize from Sponsor, each Official Winner hereby grants Sponsor and Sponsor’s designees and affiliates, full permission to use the Official Winner’s name, biographical information, photograph, voice and/or other likeness and Prize information on a royalty-free basis for advertising, trade, promotional and any other purposes in any and all media or format now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, and on the internet and World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without limitation, and without further compensation, consideration, permission, notice, review or approval, unless prohibited by law.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: Each Prize is awarded in “as-is”, “where-located” condition, without warranties of any kind and inclusive of all patent and latent conditions. The Sponsor expressly disclaims any warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, relating to the Prize in any way.
- Release of Liability: In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Raffle, each Purchaser of a raffle ticket forming an Entry hereby agrees to release and discharge the Sponsor, Magnificent Mutts Rescue, an Illinois corporation sole, their affiliates and all of their officers, employees, agents and volunteers (collectively “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) caused by the Raffle, the Official Rules, participation in the Raffle or winning any Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize.
- Mandatory Arbitration Agreement: Any controversy or claim, other than a claim by Sponsor, out of or relating to the Raffle or these Official Rules must be resolved in accordance with the below arbitration provisions. Any Purchaser of a Raffle ticket, including but not limited to any Eligible Entrants, Potential Winners or Official Winners, agrees to arbitrate any and all claims and disputes relating in any way to such purchase and/or the selection of an Official Winner, and/or the award of the Prize, and/or the delivery of the Prize, and/or the Raffle generally (“Arbitration Claim”), through binding individual arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (pursuant to its expedited procedures) under its consumer arbitration rules, with arbitration proceedings to be conducted in Cook County, Illinois. Judgement rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered by the Sponsor in any court having proper jurisdiction. Sponsor may exercise any lawful rights to seek provisional remedies or self-help without waiving the right to arbitrate by doing so. Purchaser is liable for any and all legal costs incurred by Sponsor and Purchaser.
- Class Action Waiver: All participants in the Raffle hereby agree to waive the right to a court or jury trial. Arbitrators may not consolidate the arbitration claims of multiple parties. All arbitration claims and disputes shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and not as a class action, representative action, class arbitration or any similar proceeding. Prior to initiation of an arbitration proceeding under this section, anyone initiating an arbitration claim must first provide at least thirty (30) days prior written notice to Sponsor, with a copy in all instances to Magnificent Mutts Rescue, 755 N. Wolf Road, Hillside, Illinois 60162. Prior to any arbitration proceeding, Sponsor must first be provided with a reasonable opportunity to resolve any dispute. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any claims belonging to Sponsor arising out of or related to the Raffle.
- Limitation of Liability: The sole and exclusive remedy for any claim against Sponsor arising out of the Raffle, sale of Raffle tickets, awarding of any Prizes or the conduct of the Raffle shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for any applicable Raffle ticket(s), without interest. In no event, shall Sponsor or the Released Parties be liable to any other party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits, or goodwill, or for any incidental, special or punitive or consequential damages, whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Cancellation: Each Purchaser of a Raffle ticket hereby acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to elect not to proceed with the Raffle and/or the Drawing for any reason or for no reason, and in such event, the sole and exclusive remedy shall be a refund of the purchase price of each Raffle ticket purchased, without interest.
- Indemnification: In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Raffle, each Purchaser of a Raffle ticket forming an Entry hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all costs, losses, damages, rights, claims, liabilities and actions of any kind arising from , in connection with, or as a result of such Purchaser’s participation in the Raffle or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize.