Meet Caroline Sarin
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
I joined purrs Naperville about 2 1/2 years ago. I wanted to get involved with animals in some capacity. It seemed like a good time for me, so I started fostering and dcc(daily cat care) at the Naperville Petco. I also do adoption counseling and help get cats to vet visits.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
I love dogs and cats (Caroline’s fosters are pictured up above).
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
We had a pug and gsd mix when I was growing up but I would be really interested in a Rottweiler. Through MM&M I’ve seen so many different kinds of cats and really love them all.
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
I would recommend adopting dogs and cats for a couple of reasons. The first is that there are so many that need and deserve a family and home. The second being the love they give back and joy they bring.
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
I’ve worked in the financial industry for a very long time. Outside of that I like playing in the dirt (flower garden).
6. Do you have a favorite food?
I love all food! Especially chocolate!
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
The only music I reject is jazz.
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I embarrass myself constantly.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
My most memorable trip was to India for a wedding. I had a guided tour of Delhi by myself as my husband was too ill to go.
10. What was the last movie you watched?
We watched Spy the other night, with Melissa McCarthy. We don’t watch movies too much. I don’t watch a lot of TV, except for reruns of the Big Bang Theory.
11. Feel free to tell us something about yourself you would like others to know.
I guess people may find it interesting that I had two wedding ceremonies and two receptions on the same day.