Meet Kelley Landry
1. What inspired you to start volunteering with Magnificent Mutts & Meows?
I started volunteering about 8-9 years ago with PURRS Naperville, which has since merged with Magnificent Mutts & Meows. My inspiration was my LOVE for animals. Growing up my family always had lots of pets – dogs, cats, guinea pigs, hamsters, lizard, fish, birds, ferrets. It is the only way of life I knew! They aren’t just animals they are family and I wanted to help these homeless pets find their new, furrever families.
2. What is your favorite thing about being a volunteer here?
Being apart of the adoption process, that is, matching up an adopter with a cat that best fits what he/she is looking for. Sending that cat home with people who are so happy and excited. That is my favorite.
3. Why would you recommend someone volunteer in rescue?
What better way to give back than to help an innocent animal that cannot speak up for itself?
4. Describe a memorable moment you had while volunteering.
Well…it’s memorable but sad. Bobby. A black/white kitten that I fostered a few years ago. He had a weird spot in his eye…almost looked like he was bleeding inside of his eye. Months of testing, vet visits, cluelessness. No one could figure out what was wrong with his eye. Then Bobby started declining. We weren’t sure what it was, so we went as far as going to a holistic vet for help. In the end, we believe it was FIP. Bobby never went back to his cage. He stayed with me for his short life. We made the most of his time on Earth.
5. Are you a cat or dog person?
6. Do you have a favorite breed?
7. Why would you recommend someone adopt?
You are literally saving an animal from being euthanized. Do you need another reason?
8. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
Work – Full time project coordinator at a security company. Hobbies – hanging out with friends & my boyfriend, outdoor activities, road trips, yoga, I really like Topgolf.
9. Do you have a favorite food?
French fries with lots of ketchup.
10. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
Burnin’ It Down by Jason Aldean.
11. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
Long Beach Island in New Jersey – because that’s where my huge extended family is!
12. What was the last movie you watched? (or what is your favorite TV show and why?)
Latest favorite TV show is Big Bang Theory – because it makes me laugh.
13. Feel free to tell us something about yourself you would like others to know.
I always have a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee with me at all times. Even if you don’t see it, it’s probably just in my car.