1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
A friend called looking for someone to foster a kitten with a cold. I said I’d like to help, but I know nothing about cats and I don’t have any supplies. She said not to worry, MagMutts will teach you and supply everything. 12 hours later, little Nelson was snuggled up on my couch and I was hooked.
I volunteer at cat adoptions, collect blankets and take care of the cat cubes at Willowbrook Petco once a week.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
I was a dog person until my first foster. Now I’m both.
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
You are saving a life. Whether it be the actual one you are adopting or the space you are opening for the rescue to save another. I’m amazed at how many perfectly wonderful fur babies are in rescue.
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
I sew surgery pillows and crochet hats & prayer shawls for cancer patients.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
Praline Pecan Ice Cream.
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
Blues and 80’s classic rock.
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I woke up early and stepped out the door to check the weather. I locked myself out wearing ugly pajamas, crazy bed-hair, no make-up, no shoes, and no phone. I had to wake my neighbor so I could call my sister-in-law for a key. My niece and nephew thought it was hysterical.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
Anywhere tropical, but I especially enjoyed Jamaica and the Cayman Islands.
10. What was the last movie you watched?