Meet Joanne Bradford!
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
I had been involved rescues in Memphis and Arizona, and when I moved back home to Chicago, I researched different rescues. I liked Magnificent Mutts
the best and have helped them at events and doing background checks. Now I help with the newsletter.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
I am definitely a dog person! Through all of my work with rescues, I met a wonderful woman named Villy. She definitely taught me so much about cats
and gave me a new appreciation for them.
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
I am a sucker for Labrador Retrievers!
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
Rescuing a pet is giving the animal a second chance. Many dogs and cats that end up in rescue or at an animal shelter have been neglected. I believe
that all animals should be respected and cared for by humans.
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
I am the manager at Fruitful Yield, which is a health food and supplement store, in Elmhurst. I will be at the Sidewalk Summer Fest with Magnificent
Mutts and Arc Therapy on July 9 from 11:30am to 1:30pm! My other hobbies include walking/hiking, reading, and going out with my friends.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
7.What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
I always liked the Rolling Stones.
8.What is your most embarrassing moment?
Let’s just say that I trip sometimes.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
My family has gone down to Table Rock Lake in Missouri since I was kids. I still go down to our family property every summer.
10. What was the last movie you watched?
The last movie I saw at the show was Star Wars: Episode VII