Meet Michelle Cohen
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts & Meows and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
I joined the group in 2009 after adopting one of my three dogs. I attended events, then fostered, then volunteer coordinator, paperwork, adoption packets and much more! I have even been involved in selecting dogs to bring into the rescue for adoption which is rewarding – we call it “shopping”! Often we “shop” too much!
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
Not really but under 50 lbs.
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
It’s helping an animal in need – giving them a second chance. Saving from euthanization in many cases.
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
That’s a problem as I work too much! Walking in the park, movies, music, taking care of our home and some video gaming.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
I am very versatile — Country music mostly.
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Ok I was real young – at a baseball game (first one). My first game with a bunch of people and I knew nothing about the sport. I yelled out “go Dick Butkus”! Get it? His sport was not baseball. I cannot tell you how many people looked at me. I wanted to crawl under the bleachers! — Do you want one more? Making out with my boyfriend by a fireplace in our house and my dad caught us. He said what is going on here? I said we are looking for my contact lens (I had my glasses on my head)!
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
10. What was the last movie you watched and why?
Dirty Dancing. Well, Patrick Swayze #1 and then dance moves!
11. Feel free to tell us something about yourself you would like others to know.
I am a mover and a shaker. Not lazy and always busy. Most people see that in me. I am always trying to figure out a better way to do things and I am a great multi-tasker.