Meet Mike and Char Dapper!
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts & Meows and what type of volunteer work do you do for the rescue?
In 2014, we adopted our beagle Sadie from MagMutts after she was rescued from a puppy mill. A year later MM was taking in 20 puppy mill rescues and put out a call for fosters. We thought this was a sign to give back and help by fostering a couple of them. So we decided to foster this one time to help out and here we are 4 years later.
2. Are you a cat or dog person?
We have both, 4 dogs and 3 cats, but we are more of dog people.
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
Mike: I love the hound dogs.
Char: I like mutts especially beagle mixes.
4. Why would you recommend someone adopt a cat or dog?
When you adopt, you are saving a life and adopting a pet allows more to be rescued/saved.
5. What kind of work or hobbies do you do outside of rescue?
Mike: I’m retired but I work at Wrigley Field during the summer. I love baseball, especially the Cubs.
Char: I am a nurse. I like to garden.
6. Do you have a favorite food?
Mike: Pizza, definitely pizza.
Char: Pumpkin pancakes with candied pecans and cinnamon butter.
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
Mike: I do like all kinds of music but my favorite is probably classic rock, Beatles, Stones, Who, Doors, Zepplin, etc.
Char: Carole King; Tapestry.
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Mike: If I told you, I’d never be able to show my face in public again.
Char: Meeting someone that definitely remembered me and I had no idea who they were.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or most favorite vacation memory?
Mike: When our kids were smaller we had a great family vacation in Jamaica. I love Nashville. My favorite though was for my 60th birthday. We went to Cleveland to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then to Canton to the Football Hall of Fame, and then to the promised land…Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Char: Our family vacation to Jamaica was our favorite. I also had the opportunity to go on a tour of Italy with family and found new friends while there.
10. What was the last movie you watched?
Mike: The last movie, I think, was Aquaman. The 12 year old inside me loves the superhero stuff. I don’t really have a favorite TV show right now. I do like the Chicago shows…PD, Fire, and Med.
Char: The last movie I saw in the theater was Bohemian Rhapsody…..WOW.
11. Feel free to tell us something about yourself you would like others to know.
Char: I have learned a lot since joining the rescue community. There are some great people out there rescuing, educating, spaying and neutering cats and dogs, and then there are some sad and terrible circumstances where people have failed.