Meet Luana Ramos
1. How did you get involved with Magnificent Mutts & Meows and what type of work do you do?
I got involved with Magnificent Mutts & Meows about 2 or 3 years ago. I needed community service hours for school, and I didn’t want to work with people, so I chose animals. Best decision ever!
2. Are you a cat or dog person? Can you be both?
I am definitely both. I work with cats and dogs all the time and I love them equally, even though they have their separate quirks!
3. Do you have a favorite breed?
My favorite breed of dog would have to be either a Shiba Inu (for their sassiness) or a Great Dane (because they’re gentle giants!).
4. Why would you recommend adoption?
I would recommend adoption because it is all about saving lives. Adopting an animal is such a rewarding experience and they are so grateful. Lots of rescue animals come from bad places, and all they ever want is love and understanding. Upon bringing the animal home, a great bond starts to form and that animal will love you for the rest of time. Adopt don’t shop!!!
5. Tell us about hobbies you do outside of rescue.
Rescuing animals is my main hobby, but I enjoy playing drums, reading, and attending concerts.
6. What is your guilty pleasure food?
Cheese curds from Dairy Queen!
7. What is your favorite song, type of music or band?
My favorite bands are The Script and Paramore. I listen to everything, except country and rap.
8. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Tripping in front of a customer at work was pretty embarrassing.
9. Do you have a favorite vacation spot or vacation memory?
My favorite place to go is Dublin, Ireland! I love spending time with my family there and it is such a fun, gorgeous place.
10. What’s your all-time favorite movie and why?
I’m not really much of a movie person. But I watched The Fault in Our Stars roughly 6 times already, if that counts.
11. What TV show or series do you binge watch?
Shameless and Dark Tourist on Netflix.
12. Real or fictional, alive or dead, who would you most want to have lunch with and why?
Hayley Williams from Paramore because I look up to her and she is so inspiring to me.
13. Feel free to tell us something about yourself you would like others to know.
Something else that I would like for people to know about me is that I have 3 foster hamsters and 3 foster mice in need of loving homes, if anyone is interested!